Coir processing the proper way
Up to now coir processing has been a slow process or carried out using brute force which breaks up the compressed blocks. This can damage the fibers and does not incorporate the necessary moisture in the coir to decompress properly. Proper moisture is required before filling and planting.
The Logitec Coco Mill has been developed to moisturize and break up the compressed blocks in the proper way. The mill brings the coir back to its original state with the desired moisture level. The mill gently decompresses the coir using moisture control and a specialized screen. The special screen only releases the coir that is properly processed. The process is done at high speed, with a rate of about 25m3 of ready material per hour. The Logitec Coir Mill can feed multiple filling machines at once.
The Logitec Coco Mill can be supplied in various configurations. From a simple manual system to fully automatic. An optional touch screen control panel will allow for perfect moisture control and the possibility for recipe building. Coir blocks are filled automatically into the Coir Mill using a special pallet lift.
Advantages of The Logitec Coco Mill:
- Product can be loaded directly from the shipping pallet, therefore less risk of cross-contamination or diseases.
- Machine can be used indoors, which allows production to continue in any weather.
- Material is moisturized before being loosened which helps maintain the structure of the coir material.
- Can be used for all types of Coir Blocks.
- No dust forming.
- Low water usage by recycling back into the mill.
- The Coir processing line can be operated with one person.
- Possibility to add additives to the coir and mix inline using Logitec’s soil mixing components.
- Full Service, parts and support available within North America.
*Note: Our coir processors use water to gently hydrate the coir. This specialized method naturally moisturizes instead of using brute force which can damage the coir fibres.